Development Chef – 884376
This is a unique opportunity to work in a state of the art development kitchen:
- Working as key member of the development team you will be responsible for all products developed from concept development through to launch on branded and own label products.
- You will be expected to receive the product brief from the Commercial team or directly from the customer, and once the brief has been approved internally, you will be responsible for the creative development aspect of the project: ideation / menu creation, concept development, kitchen recipe creation, raw material sourcing and presentation to customers
- In combination with concept development in relation to briefs, the position also encompasses benchmarking, product matching, EPD, problem solving and cost reduction as part of the overall site development strategy.
- This is a customer facing role and you are expected to support the account managers and technologists with presentations and customer visits
- Responsible for translating customer briefs into commercially viable, technically robust and safe, factory friendly products which delights our customer base. This includes ideation / menu creation, concept development, kitchen recipe creation, raw material sourcing and presentation to customers.
- Liaise with Process Technologist / Operations Manager and Engineering Manager to determine factory feasibility prior to being shown to the customer and throughout the launch process.
- Work with commercial and finance teams to ensure all products are commercially viable and adhere to the financial hurdles set out by the company.
- Attend scale up production runs to ensure product matches kitchen samples, and problem solve in conjunction with the process technologist / operation manager to resolve manufacturing issues that may arise.
- Ensure that all sample requests that are required by our customers are met and the product presented is representative of what is achievable at all times.
- Build and strengthen supplier relationships with new and existing suppliers, ensuring we are first to market for any new ingredients that suit our applications.
- Ensure that all kitchen development procedures are followed, and all food prepared in the kitchen is done so in a safe and hygienic manner.
- Continually develop product and process knowledge in order to become an expert in all key business areas.
- Ensure that the products that are developed are best in market at all times, this may involve continual EPD and cost reduction where required.
- Proficient creative culinary skills and an accomplished foodie
- Relevant restaurant training, and or City and Guilds qualifications, recognised catering qualifications
- Food manufacturing experience desirable but not essential
- Well organised self-starter
- Ability to prioritise workload & work to tight deadlines
- Eye for detail
- Team player
- The person needs to be fully competent with Word and Excel with the ability to upload and take photos
- Good communication / interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate across departments / suppliers and external customers
- Strong organisational and co-ordination skills to assist with managing many different projects with different customers.
- Is able to effectively time manage – To structure day efficiently with regards to differing priorities / workloads
- Working knowledge of the factory and raw materials currently used on site
- Key team player and eager to learn.
- Hardworking and passionate.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.