Compliance Technologist – 884398 – £Competitive
Our client is a privately owned business operating from a state of the art facility in South East Wales. The business is built on hunger as they are determined to continue to expand and grow.
Turnover has quadrupled over the past 5 years yet they still have extensive capacity to develop new and existing customer relationships
On site parking
33 days holidays
To be responsible for:
- All new finished product packaging from concept to launch;
- Ensuring all customer and site specifications are generated;
- Maintenance of raw material assurance systems.
The role requires a highly motivated and creative individual with a keen eye for detail and accuracy.
To create and build strong relationships with customers and suppliers, representing the business in a professional manner.
- Develop innovative and robust packaging solutions on time for innovation projects in line with customer briefs/business strategy.
- To delight and inspire the customer through first to market packaging and visualise concepts through the creation of mock ups
- Develop commercially viable packaging and seek initial concept costs for all new packaging materials and work with purchasing to ensure that negotiation opportunities are maximised.
- Provide cross functional support and technical expertise both internally and externally to ensure that packaging is functional and fit for purpose
- To actively seek solutions that meet environmental requirements
- Identify cost saving opportunities and support value creation initiatives
- Ensure visibility of project progress to internal departments and customer
- Attend print runs and 1st production runs of key packaging for new items where required
- To initiate and accurately complete all technical aspects of Customer’s finished product specifications in line with customer and internal requirements using retailer’s on-line systems and word-based systems as required for NPD projects and specification updates/reviews, ensuring integrity of the information used.
- To audit/review & maintain finished product specifications for site covering all live product specs across the customer base.
- To establish and maintain a robust specification review system which meets customer, BRC and legislative requirements.
- To reference customer’s Codes of Practice to ensure all aspects are met on specifications and artwork.
- To liaise with retailer’s legal teams and other customers on specification and pack copy approval
- Artwork checking and approval
- Responsible for the maintenance of the product specification system through the completion of specification reviews, to include data/systems checking and audit of factory process if required.
- Identify, develop and maintain systems for specification reviews, liaising with customers to unlock specifications for necessary updates when required e.g. changes to raw materials.
- To produce accurate technical data derived from specification reviews for specification updates and artwork generation (Ingredient declarations, Nutrition information, Allergen Data, HACCP etc)
Raw Material Assurance:
- Maintain the site’s supplier approval system, ensuring suppliers’ approval is periodically reviewed and documented
- Ensure accurate and current specifications are available for all raw materials (ingredients and packaging)
- Develop and maintain the business’ raw material risk assessments.
- To stay abreast of legislation, technologies, and solutions, to proactively keep the business and customer informed.
- Complete weekly horizon scanning report
- Maintain site recipe management system
- Support in maintenance of site NPD recipe management system
- Member of site HACCP team
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a Packaging / Specifications / Technical Compliance role
- Knowledge of risk assessment principles
- Experience of Raw Material Vulnerability Assessment
- Current experience of Retailer’s specifications systems and requirements
- Experience in the completion and auditing of finished product specifications
- Understanding of the fundamentals of food processing
- Excellent project and time management skills
- Ability to create a favourable first impression and present effectively
- Creative approach and ability to visualise concepts via mock-ups
- Excellent organisational and written skills.
- Experience within the Food Manufacturing industry.
- HND/HNC/BSc in a Food Related Discipline
- Experience with Point 74 (Recipe Professor)
- Experience of specific retailer online systems relevant to the business
- PC Literate
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, able to drive changes and identify improvements
- Logical and systematic approach to problem solving and keen attention to detail
- Reliable, honest person who works well under pressure
- ‘Can do’ attitude
- Team Player – Supports peers/team through peak periods/holidays as required
- Good Communication Skills – Comfortable dealing with retailer contacts
Work Location: Site
Our Referral Incentive:
Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from us you have not been shortlisted for this role. Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.
We offer a £500 referral if you introduce someone we place – see our website for details – www.rp-ltd.com
We regret that this client is not prepared to sponsor work permit or work permit transfer applications. Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK