Compliance Manager – 884007 – £25,000 – £40,000
Title: Compliance Manager Reference: 884007
Location: South Wales
The Compliance Manager will be responsible for driving compliance across the site. This is a broad role, and our client is looking for someone that has strong experience in this area and has a strong desire to be part of an exciting opportunity with the business.
- Assist in the management and development of the site technical functions incorporating and consistent with the site quality manual
- To provide technical liaison between all departments, suppliers and customers to ensure products met the quality, safety and legality requirements.
- To provide knowledge and advice regarding all food safety and compliance issues
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with Food Safety, Legality and Quality System
- Ensure compliance on all aspects of Technical training and development standards throughout the site
- To maintain contact with representatives of outside organisations including customers, suppliers and enforcing authorities
- To provide a response to technical, nutritional and food safety queries from internal departments or external customers.
- The implementation of standards throughout the site and the development of relevant systems.
- To run the site internal auditing program to ensure continuous improvement.
- To devise and implement a GMP monitoring system to set against line management KPI’s.
- Acting as a key contact with retail customer auditors and responsible for ensuring the execution of corrective actions and ongoing compliance with customer specifications and codes of practice.
- Assisting the Technical Manager in setting and monitoring of individual KPI’s within the technical team
- To manage allergen control in all areas of the site and to maintain the accuracy of product allergen information held on the technical database.
- To maintain a high level of awareness of UK and European regulatory issues and technical legislation which is likely to impact on the business and communication of these issues to all relevant parties.
- To write and review all technical policy guidelines and approve all amendments to the quality management system and checking that all manuals located throughout the company are correctly maintained.
Food Science or related degree or further education
Experience within the Food Industry
Working knowledge of relevant legislative criteria and industry standards for food production
Experience of working with multiple departments and stakeholders
Experience in completing food safety and quality checks as part of development
Experience of delivering against key KPIs and performance targets relating to quality
Our Referral Incentive:
Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from us you have not been shortlisted for this role. Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.
We offer a £500 referral if you introduce someone we place – see our website for details – www.rp-ltd.com
We regret that this client is not prepared to sponsor work permit or work permit transfer applications. Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.