Assistant Factory Manager – 884027 – £38,000
Title: Assistant Factory Manager Location: South Wales
Type: Permanent Reference: 884027
|Overall responsibility of manufacturing products. Organize and direct all related departmental activities through direct reports supervising each area. Responsible for managing continuous improvement activities, planning, capital expenditures and reporting as required. Accountable for delivering the established site goals for quality, productivity, budgetary and environmental, health and safety compliance.
· Plan a production schedule for weekly, and monthly demand verses customer orders and Sales forecasts.
· Implement and control the production schedule.
· To deliver production line efficiency through the application and monitoring of OEE.
· Review and adjust the schedule where needed.
· Work with the purchasing department to determine the raw materials and packing to ensure that the production schedule can be met.
· Manage human, material resources and stock levels to ensure production targets are met
· Work with the department supervisors to determine the human resources required to meet the plan
· Material resources required
· Ensure efficient collaboration and co-ordination between relevant departments
· Make decisions about equipment use, maintenance, modification and procurement
· Work out, write and implement standard operating procedures for production operations
· Ensure that standard operating procedures are adhered to.
· Ensure implementation and adherence to health and safety procedures
· Ensure that Safety, quality and legality of the product is met.
· Support the Technical Department in implementing and enforce quality controls and tracking programs to meet quality objectives
· Determine and implement improvements to the production process as and where necessary.
· Prepare and maintain production reports for Weekly, Monthly and Yearly Management Meetings and reviews.
· Monitor and review the performance of staff and organize necessary interventions for improvement.
· Ensure department supervisor and teams understands their roles and responsibilities as it relates to core accountabilities, including safety, quality, productivity and delivery.
· People development to include; training, coaching and ensure positive employee relations.
· Build robust talent pool through active development of direct reports and other leaders in the organization.
· Committed to team based problem solving within operations and capable of fostering individual development across the team.
· Confirms production progress; rapidly responds to delays and changes; implements corrective actions and preventative action; monitors KPI performance.
· Manage Safety, Maintenance, Quality and Hygiene programs for manufacturing lines
· Champion continuous improvement activities in production Develops production budgets and schedules.
· Work within and manage production budgets.
· Ensure that the factory is audit ready at all times.
· Analyze production and quality control to detect and correct problems.
Our Referral Incentive:
Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from us you have not been shortlisted for this role. Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.
We offer a £500 referral if you introduce someone we place – see our website for details – www.rp-ltd.com
We regret that this client is not prepared to sponsor work permit or work permit transfer applications. Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.